PA EQ Not Working After Android 12 Update HELP!

I am using the power amp equalizer app specifically (I've got the Poweramp app but never figured out how to get it to load/function with Spotify). And it's stopped working (correctly) after updating to Android 12. I have a Motorola 5G Ace and have some decent OS related knowledge. If anyone can direct me to how I should be approaching this particular issue, I'd be super grateful. 

Any setting I select, including all of my presets, make no changes to my media anymore. I've also tried to modify Spotify and some of their settings associated with The equalizer but they all seem to be set up correctly like normal. And I can't seem to find a specific FAQ related to this issue directly. Especially considering the majority of information for Poweramp that is online is not for The equalizer specifically so it's a bit flooded for the power amp player... 

Cause look, I need my PA Equalizer... No PA-EQ is unacceptable. LOL! I'll straight up rollback this hideous and annoying-ass Android 12 to my previous version. (IF that's what I need to be looking into to fix it.) 

I've already went years without my PA being supported on my precious phone until I switched about 7mnths ago.. I was so excited when I launched PA-EQ and it worked again finally. Please tell me I'm screwed and 7 Months is all I get! Lol

Thanks in advance!

Moses

Screenshot_20230311-011903.png

Screenshot_20230311-012354.png

Screenshot_20230311-012251.png

If you've upgraded your current device from Android 11 to Android 12, you may want to reset the EQ modes back to defaults for that OS variant in case it has stored anything specific to the old OS (or even uninstall and reinstall; you can export any Preset values first if you want). Also might want to run the ADB DUMP permission task again. Then check to see that the apps you want to equalize are enabled in the Known Players list.

Andre

Thanks Andre! Especially for the expedient response. I'll reset the EQs when I catch lunch here shortly. Actually I may just uninstall and reinstall. I actually have never done the DUMP process. I'm aware of it and knew it existed but I never had to do it. I'll have to review that procedure again to ensure I understand it. Thanks! I'll post back if successful!

You rock my dude. 🤘

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a question that's been answered many times, but I'm new to the forum and also fairly new to using Android.

I did find the FAQ (thanks, Google!) but don't see this issue addressed there.

Anyway, I'm trying to enable Poweramp as a "known player" in Poweramp Equalizer.  I have done the following:

1. Enabled "Music FX" in Poweramp Settings > Advance Tweaks

2. Disabled DVC

3. Rebooted the tablet

My issue is with the instruction to "enable or disable it in second tab of the the EQ screen in Poweramp".  I see instructions to access that via the Visualization icon on the main Poweramp screen, but I have no idea how to find the "second tab" of the EQ screen, or what a "tab" is in Android.  Well, Googling that a bit, I do see some examples, but I don't see how they have any relation to the Poweramp interface on my Android tablet.

Anyway, despite trying various things I can't get anything to show up in the "known player" section of Android Poweramp.

I have not yet tried to use the ADB option, since that seems to come with some warnings I don't understand.  Hopefully there is a way to get Poweramp Equalizer to work with Poweramp on my tablet, without having to use that sort of hack?

I'm using a Galaxy Tab A8 tablet, with Android version 13.  Poweramp app info says "Version build-956-bundle-play".  I am using the full (paid) version of Poweramp, and at the moment using the trial version of Equalizer; I am reluctant to buy the full version unless I can get it to work.

@Marvin Martian In Poweramp, open its own EQ display using the EQ button at the bottom of the main player screen. You can then select from the three pages (or tabs) of options by using the three icons along the top row of the screen. You want the middle one (tab 2) to find the control to enable MusicFX.

Screenshot_20230403-082633_Poweramp.jpg

You can also swipe left/right between the three pages.

If you plan to use the external EQ app, I would suggest turning off all the internal equalisation controls in the main PA music player so the adjustments don't clash.

Andre