Option to show folder name

Jeroenst

I have organized all my music in folders (like cd's in the past). For me it would be very nice to see which folder Poweramp is playing, espacially with compilation albums. 

I already did a search but couldn't find anything about it. 

Is this possible (to create)? 

Edited by Jeroenst

5 minutes ago, Jeroenst said:

Is it possible to show both meta info aswell the folder at the same time (eventually with a custom skin)? 

No, the folder name is just one of the options for that metadata line, you have to choose it instead of some other meta info.

Eventually hopefully we will get an option to user-customise both the Title and Artist-Album lines using %tag% formatting strings.

Andre

Maybe it's an idea that skins can put tags wherever they want on the screen?

When that is possible I want to give it a try to create an android headunit skin sort of like the app I'm creating right now with all the available information. 

1 hour ago, Jeroenst said:

Maybe it's an idea that skins can put tags wherever they want on the screen?

Skins can move any of the elements to new locations around the screen, or change the look, size, colour, font, etc. However skins can't generate completely new content, only the main app has access to the database so any additions or changes to the actual content of the player screen would need to be done via changes to the core app.

In fact, being able to do that is the first item in the Frequently Requested Features list, and a number of different threads on the subject are summarised here:

Andre