Force output to 44.1kHz

Londoner

Is there a way to force all output to 44.1? I use Poweramp connected to a DAC via Optical cable and it requires that.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

Edited by andrewilley
Moved from old Build Release thread

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

Is there a way to force all output to 44.1?

Many phone ROMs force a minimum of 48kHz on their standard outputs (even for 44.1kHz content) but you can usually use Poweramp's Hi-Res mode (PA Settings=>Audio=>Output=>Hi-Res) and in the settings for your output device set the rate down to 44.1kHz. Selecting 'Audio Info' while something is playing will show you the processing path.

Andre

Thanks very much for picking this up Andrew and for moving the thread where it ought to be.

I am using a Shanling M6 Pro (21) player.

I have now specified this in the Hi-Res settings.

I'm still not getting any sound out of the USB port (listed in the Audio output as "Output Device - Wired Headphones/AUX"

Using the same config (output at 44.1) I do get audio with Shanling's own player and the HiBy player.

Keen to use Poweramp because of its lovely interface and gapless play.

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If the USB-C cable is going to another DAC (i.e. it is digital at that point, rather than analogue) then the output should be classified as USB, not as Wired Headset/AUX which would mean the 3.5mm socket.

Andre

Thanks Andre.

Yes it SHOULD be set as USB I agree - but when I put the cable in Poweramp automatically sets it to Wired Headphones/AUX.

Is there a way in the Poweramp settings to force it to be recognised as USB? I don't see an option for this.

It would be Android doing that, not Poweramp. Poweramp only reflects what the system tells it. I assume making changes in PA's options to set Wired Headset/AUX to use hi-res (if that's what Android is referring to) isn't helping you? Problem could be that your device uses a heavily modified version of a really old Android build (Android 7) so it might not be playing by the rules.

@maxmp, any ideas?

Andre

To my opinion the purpose of this USB-C-Connection for the Shanling M6 is to use it as a DAC e.g. for Desktop Computer with an OTG to USB-B cable.

I expect that the USB-C only works with this Input. In that case the 3.5-Connection could be used as an Analog Output.    

Additionally I have just checked my Shanling M3X. The 3.5 Output has no Digital Output function. I think the M6 3.5 output probably has the same issue.  

Edited by beat8000

Thank you both.

@andrewilley You are correct it is Android 7 - BUT:

The USB-C output works with Shanlings own software and HiBy. It enables one to play out from it.

I have an USB-C to Optical convertor which goes into a Prism Lyra DAC. This makes the Shanling a great little transport.

Thanks for your time anyway 🙂

6 hours ago, beat8000 said:

Additionally I have just checked my Shanling M3X. The 3.5 Output has no Digital Output function. I think the M6 3.5 output probably has the same issue.  

It works the same way with the Shanling M0. If you add an Optical convertor to it it outputs a signal. I'm surprised the M3X does not allow that?

If you are interested in trying - I have this working with a Cubilux USB Type C to TOSLINK Optical Audio Adapter, SPDIF Digital Converter