Music is stuttering on bluetooth when locking and unlocking the phone

mrselfdestructni

Hello, I recently got trouble on Poweramp when using my new Tws SoundPeats H1 with aptx adaptive codec. It's constantly stuttering whenever I'm locking or unlocking the phone. I switched the codec to SBC and the lag was gone. Could you tell me what is the issue here ? I tried to change the outputs but it's not helping. Previously I was using Yamaha earphones with the same codec and there was no issue.

My phone is Asus Zenfone 8 with Android 12. I restored Output to default and tried increasing buffer size. No matter what I choose (lower sample rate, output or buffer size) it is stuttering with aptx adaptive. This issue is gone when changing to SBC, AAC or normal Aptx but changing it manually every time when trying to listen to music on Poweramp is a pain in a neck. 

I don't have a device which supports aptx adaptive, but if you have, rather than your Asus Zenfone 8, you can try it out. 

This issue could be a compatibility issue, since you've tried all suggested ideas.

One for the road, try playing with Equ and Tone turned off.

If you have any third party Eq app, turn them off, example, Poweramp Eq app, Wavelet, Dolby Atmos etc. 

Bencherished 

13 hours ago, Bencherished said:

I don't have a device which supports aptx adaptive, but if you have, rather than your Asus Zenfone 8, you can try it out. 

This issue could be a compatibility issue, since you've tried all suggested ideas.

One for the road, try playing with Equ and Tone turned off.

If you have any third party Eq app, turn them off, example, Poweramp Eq app, Wavelet, Dolby Atmos etc. 

Bencherished 

Unfortunately, I don't have a second phone to test that out. I have EQ turned off and I don't use any 3-rd part apps.