Exporting playlists

Don_broco

Before android 13 I used to backup my playlists by drag/drop to my laptop via ftp, obviously this is no longer an option on android 13 (via ftp anyway), the playlists in total are about 7MB.

I'm now using the export settings option with playlists selected but the file size is very small compared to before, so are my playlists really being exported?

Solid Explorer (amongst others) should allow you to copy files to/from your laptop via SMB shares or using its internal FTP server via your LAN/wifi.

If your playlists are already file-based (M3U etc) then there's no reason to re-export them, just use the original files.

If you do use the Export feature in the Playlists library category (either internal ones, or from other files) the new files will be created in M3U8 format (unicode text) and with minimal extraneous content, just the basic path/filename info. PA also adds ratings data in case you want to re-import that later, although the need for that has been made largely redundant by the updated Export/Import Settings/Data facility.

Note: the Export Settings/Data feature can export playlists too, for later importing back into another Poweramp setup, but it's a compressed file format that can't be used elsewhere.

Andre

33 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Solid Explorer (amongst others) should allow you to copy files to/from your laptop via SMB shares or using its internal FTP server via your LAN/wifi.

If your playlists are already file-based (M3U etc) then there's no reason to re-export them, just use the original files.

If you do use the Export feature in the Playlists library category (either internal ones, or from other files) the new files will be created in M3U8 format (unicode text) and with minimal extraneous content, just the basic path/filename info. PA also adds ratings data in case you want to re-import that later, although the need for that has been made largely redundant by the updated Export/Import Settings/Data facility.

Note: the Export Settings/Data feature can export playlists too, for later importing back into another Poweramp setup, but it's a compressed file format that can't be used elsewhere.

Andre

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation!