DYNAMIC RANGE EXPANDER OR UPWARD EXPANDER

HELLO SIR,

Is it possible to incorporate an UPWORD EXPANDER TO THE COMPRESSOR which is already there in the Poweramp equalizer,

which will enhance the DYNAMIC RANGE OF comPressed files like .mp3 files etc.because (i assume Dynamic  Expander has Negetive compression ratios)

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Ramani Ps said:

HELLO SIR,

Is it possible to incorporate an UPWORD EXPANDER TO THE COMPRESSOR which is already there in the Poweramp equalizer,

which will enhance the DYNAMIC RANGE OF comPressed files like .mp3 files etc.because (i assume Dynamic  Expander has Negetive compression ratios)

Thanks.

What would be the added value of this feature? The file format of mp3 has already added compression and stripped the dynamic range of the original file in order to reduce file size. This cannot simply be gained back by some artificial DSP.

The existing compressor reduces the range in order to clip dynamics further. This allows for a more flat playback transition in many songs, and possibly to allow for a higher net volume sacrificing these same dynamics. I don’t think the reverse can be accomplished.

10 minutes ago, maxmp said:

The compressor from Poweramp Equalizer app (which can be expander as well) will be also implemented in Poweramp, at least there are plans to do so. Thanks for the request!

Thanks for this @maxmp

Is this more like a Stereo Expander that adds a perceived stage width? Or is this closer to what the OP had requested adding a dynamic range enhancement of some kind?