External SSD

tomfox

I have 1.4Tb files on external ssd connected with a FiiO M17. Poweramp "sees" the Samsung T5 SSD but keeps on scanning. Only all songs is populated, all other options like Folders etc show 'Doesn't look like anything to me' and scan icon is turning (but no activity on T5).

My guess would be that the way the SSD is presented in the Android file system is not allowing Poweramp to quickly scan the metadata headers in any files it finds. Do you see any Title/Artist/Album info in any lists, or just filenames? Scanning that amount of data would take at least 20-30 minutes anyway even on local memory, and I've no idea how long it would take via a USB drive. @maxmp could probably provide more details.

Once a Full Scan has eventually completed, I would turn all the auto-scanning options off (in Settings > Library > Scanner) as rescanning that lot would be a lengthy task. 

Andre

only all songs was populated with entries but after a while there only are strange names starting with $numbers.flac. Filenames that actually don't exist on the drive and can't be played. Restarting Powerampends in "too many failed files". This problem does not exists in other apps.

It says USB2/$RECYCLE.BIN/.... but the recycle.bin is empty. There is absolutely no way to solve this. Poweramp stops reading files after scanning more than 39.000 files, then this number disappears and only all songs is filled with files starting with $....... I can choose individual files but it takes a few minutes to load, but I never play single  tracks. In some way Poweramp can't handle the SSD (where other apps like Neutron, FiiO Music can).