Req. Repeat queue option should be more accessible

christmw2503

Currently, the option to Repeat queue or Return to previous category is located deep inside the settings. This is fine, but they're should be additional way to access it, either in the queue page or the Playing screen

pa1.jpg

pa2.jpg

Edited by christmw2503
belong to feature requests

I seem to recall that Queue-controlling option was originally added to help the small minority of users who wanted to use the Queue as their main playback method, which of course is was never really designed to do.

Personally I think it would be more useful to separate the controls in a different way. There is already a control to define whether the Queue should respect the user's chosen Shuffle setting, and I think that control should also dictate whether the Queue respects the various Repeat settings too.

Then the other control (the one you a referring to) should define only what happens when the queue would normally exit - i.e. when Advance Category is triggered, or the user presses the Next or Previous Category buttons, '>>>' or '<<<'. Linking the Repeat and Leave functions seems a bit counter intuitive for those users who want to always use the Queue system for regular playback.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Personally I think it would be more useful to separate the controls in a different way. There is already a control to define whether the Queue should respect the user's chosen Shuffle setting, and I think that control should also dictate whether the Queue respects the various Repeat settings too.

Exactly this. Current implementation seems unnecessarily complex.