Disable Album Art tap to go to Playlist

I like the default Poweramp dark skin and the only thing I would like to change is to disable that feature somehow.

My issue/usecase is that I tap the cover art by mistake quite often, for example when I try to rate my songs, or press shuffle or anything else around that area, and it is very annoying when it takes me to the playlist and i need to swipe twice to go back to the main screen. I would simply like that tapping the album art does nothing.

Long pressing for the menu should still remain active though.

Please see how i expect the implementation to work here: https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/21984-disable-album-art-tap-to-go-to-playlist/?do=findComment&comment=100850 (its a reply below)

Edited by TheBestPessimist

Tapping on the artwork area is the main method for getting from the Player Screen to the currently-playing songs list (although you can also drag the whole player screen down to do the same thing, but tap is easier).

Personally, I just disable anything that overlays the artwork area anyway (such as moving the title/artist/album lines below the cover art, and disabling the menu button and the rating stars/thumbs) in order to avoid such finger-misses. It looks better too.

If you do end up in the songs list by accident, just tap on the mini-player at the bottom of the screen to go straight back to the Player Screen, no need for repeatedly tapping Back or swiping your way out.

Andre

Thanks @andrewilley for your suggestion about tapping the mini player, however I think that is  not gonna solve my issue, because the mini-player itself is too small, plus i need to move my finger quite a lot to hit that box (tall phone, 1 handed usage -- this forces me to change/move the phone in my hand, which is tricky with 1 hand usage).

I like much more to swipe in order to go to the playlist because a swipe is an "intended" action while tapping is more of an "accidental" one. I cannot accidentally swipe, but i most certainly accidentally tap.

Is it possible foe a skin to fix this issue maybe?

Edited by TheBestPessimist

No, a skin can't change main app functionality, only the look and placement of items.

There quite an old Feature Request asking for the ability to user-customise some of the controls on the Player screen though - including the Visualization/Sleep-Timer/etc icons, and altering the swipe gestures and the tap/long-press functionality - which perhaps one day may make its way up the to-do list?

Andre

1 hour ago, TheBestPessimist said:

I would like a toggle
`Look and Feel -> Player UI -> Tap Album Art goes to Playlist`

As there is another current thread which refers to changing category by vertical swipe on the artwork area - just like horizontal swipe currently changes track - and previous threads asking for the swipe feature to be removed completely for accidental activation reasons (like you), I think it would be more useful to have several choices for each gesture/press action, such as the following suggestions from previous threads (current features are shown in bold):

Horizonal Swipe Action:  Change Track | Change Category | Library Category/Songs View | Volume | FastForward/Rewind | None
Vertical Swipe Action:  Change Track | Change Category | Library Category/Songs View | Volume | FastForward/Rewind | None
Tap ActionLibrary Songs View | Song Options | Play/Pause | Mute | Delete | None
Long-Press Action:  Library Songs View | Song Options | Play/Pause | Mute | Delete | None

Andre