Jump to content

Import Spotify-generated Playlists


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Itchi Ruiz said:

Can i import my playlist.txt this upcoming update? 

Not quite sure what you mean, you've been able to use several formats of playlist file for years. The easiest is probably M3U, which at its simplest is nothing more than a set of lines of text, each containing a different song filename. If the playlist file is located in the same folder as its music files, you don't even need to provide any folder details. 

All you have to do is place an .m3u text file in a location that Poweramp is allowed to scan for music, and let it look through the contents.

If this is not what you mean, could you explain what your particular playlist.txt file contains?

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Not quite sure what you mean, you've been able to use several formats of playlist file for years. The easiest is probably M3U, which at its simplest is nothing more than a set of lines of text, each containing a different song filename. If the playlist file is located in the same folder as its music files, you don't even need to provide any folder details. 

All you have to do is place an .m3u text file in a location that Poweramp is allowed to scan for music, and let it look through the contents.

If this is not what you mean, could you explain what your particular playlist.txt file contains?

Andre

Screenshot_20210723-002634.thumb.jpg.1e76f89c92dc27565bfa7348af5ae816.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Itchi Ruiz That would depend on what details Spotify is exporting (i.e. the content of the text file) and of course whether you have the actual music files saved offline in your device's storage.

[Edit] I've just checked, Spotify exports its playlists in the text format "Title - Artist - Album". Unless you have the exact same songs on your local device, with the exact same filenames (and you'd need to add an extender like mp3 anyway), Poweramp won't be able to do anything with just a list of song names. 

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@Itchi Ruiz That would depend on what details Spotify is exporting (i.e. the content of the text file) and of course whether you have the actual music files saved offline in your device's storage.

[Edit] I've just checked, Spotify exports its playlists in the text format "Title - Artist - Album". Unless you have the exact same songs on your local device, with the exact same filenames (and you'd need to add an extender like mp3 anyway), Poweramp won't be able to do anything with just a list of song names. 

Andre

Yeahh i got local music in my storage. I just asking sir if compatible to inport playlist as txt file in new beta update like the blackplayer EX. Thanks you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Itchi Ruiz said:

Yeahh i got local music in my storage. I just asking sir if compatible to inport playlist as txt file in new beta update like the blackplayer EX. Thanks you

As I said, Spotify does not seem to be exporting filename data, just a human-readable list containing Title - Artist - Album. Poweramp expects Playlist files to point to specific files, and to also give any folder information needed to find those files. It doesn't try to auto-match to wording in tags.

If your music files are saved using the same "Title - Artist - Album" naming structure, and they are all in the same folder, then you should be able to simply add the extender (e.g. .mp3 or .flac) to the contents of your Spotify exported list and PA would then be able to match them. But they would need to be exact matches.

If your filenames are in the more common "Artist - Title" layout, you could export the Spotify data as a CSV file and do some minor tweaking in a spreadsheet program to save a compatible version as "Artist - Title.mp3". But again, all the files would need to be in the same folder as the Playlist file for PA to find them, it won't look through you whole storage to find a match.

I'm going to move this to its own Feature Request thread, as it's not really a build 909 discussion. And maybe for the future such tag matching might be a useful feature.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...