Songs skips automatically halfway through the playing the current song

@JaMoDaMainOu There is no such feature in Poweramp. It can store the start position, so a track commences where you last left off, but there is no way to end a track early. Other than by a few seconds anyway, if you've got a long crossfade enabled. Is your music on an SD Card (if so, might be worth cleanly reformatting it and then copying all the files back onto it from a computer backup) or internal device storage?

It is always exactly 1'40"? Does this happen when the device is on and showing Poweramp on the screen, or after the device screen has gone to sleep? What shows on the screen when the track changes - any error toast message about file read errors for example? Are there any headphones connected that could be issuing spurious commands (seems unlikely to be so specific though, but you could check in PA Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands.

Andre

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@JaMoDaMainOu There is no such feature in Poweramp. It can store the start position, so a track commences where you last left off, but there is no way to end a track early. Other than by a few seconds anyway, if you've got a long crossfade enabled. Is your music on an SD Card (if so, might be worth cleanly reformatting it and then copying all the files back onto it from a computer backup) or internal device storage?

It is always exactly 1'40"? Does this happen when the device is on and showing Poweramp on the screen, or after the device screen has gone to sleep? What shows on the screen when the track changes - any error toast message about file read errors for example? Are there any headphones connected that could be issuing spurious commands (seems unlikely to be so specific though, but you could check in PA Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands.

Andre

Hi Andre

Thank you for taking the time to give me feedback, sadly I do not have my phone with me to check the Last processed commands but from memory I can tell you that I am not sure if its always exactly 1'40" because I have not monitored it close enough to tell. I can confirm that it happens on both occasions i.e. Screen sleeping and "awake" and No, there is no error message displayed on the screen when it changes (I had had to keep the screen "awake" for me to see no error message displayed. 

I normally use a Bluetooth speaker that does have controls on them to skip songs which I never use. I have ruled that one out being a problem because I use the same speaker on my other phone with Poweramp and it has never given me the same problem. 

My device with "faulty" Poweramp is a Sony Experia Z5 Compact. 

When you get a chance, have a look at the Last Processed Commands log, just in case there's anything in there.

Otherwise, next time it happens with the screen ON, please could you send an error log to the dev using PA Settings > Get Support > Send Log > email to gpmaxmpz [at] gmail . com . Also send a direct message to Max here ( @maxmp ) to let him know you've sent the email and that it releases to this thread so it doesn't get lost.

Andre