Poweramp+Chromebook+microSDXC card in slot - help troubleshoot?

Eckless

Folks - I'm trying to run Poweramp on my Chromebook (Samsung Galaxy Chromebook, if it helps), and my music is on a microSDXC card that in the card reader slot. The Files app can correctly see everything on the card.

When I try to add folders in "Library/Music Folders" in Poweramp, the "Folders Selection" screen looks like this:

_> Chromebook_1234       Enable

I know I'm supposed to click on the "+" button to add directory where the music is on the microSDXC card...but when I navigate there in the picker and click "USE THIS FOLDER", and then click "Allow", nothing happens on the list of folders I can select from...it still looks like:

-> Chromebook_1234        Enable

Clicking any part of the above line (the arrow or the disk icon or the "Chromebook_1234" or "Enable") does nothing, and no files appear when rescanning.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I've given external storage privileges on the "external storage preferences" screen of the ChromeOS settings, and Poweramp also has "Files and Media" permission under app permissions.

Or is this setup (Poweramp+microSD card) just not a good setup under ChromeOS?

Thank you!

Eckless

PA is designed as an Android phone app, but I have heard of people using it on Chromebooks too.

If the storage shows with an 'Enable' link beside it, you would need to first grant access to it before continuing. When you click on Enable, it is meant to display an Android system dialogue to provide permission for accessing that storage area (normally on Android 10 or lower select the root level of the SD Card, on Android 11+ select the highest folder you wish to access - not sure how that translates to ChromeOS though).

Also worth checking Settings > Misc > Legacy File Access Mode (normally disable for Android 11+)

Andre

Archived