Am I Using the Queue Wrong?

Stodgers

I love Poweramp, seriously! User going on five years now I think. But there is one feature that I hate and that is the queue. Pretty major feature, I know. So I have to imagine that given how well everything else about this app works that I am just doing something wrong. So here is my conundrum.

I add tracks to the queue and it plays them. I stop playing them in the middle of the queue (for any given reason), and the next time I go back and click play on anything, usually an album though sometimes a playlist, it will play one song and then go right back to the queue. This usually happens when I am driving, so I have to grab the phone, go back and clear the queue, then hit play on the album again, and then skip ahead of the song I already heard.

Also, when I hit "Play Next" on anything while an album is playing, it inserts that "Next" thing immediately after the currently playing song. So I may be five songs into an album of ten, hit play next, and instead of song 6, I get song one on Next.

This means that once an album starts playing, I have no means to add another album I want to hear after it. Either I have to know that I must start with using the queue from the first album I play, or I cannot sequence albums once I start.

Is it just that I am used to foobar on my desktop and how the playlist features work there, where once you start any album, you can add after that album automatically? Do I just need to suck it up?? Or am I doing something wrong that could be user error?

Unrelated: is there any way to change the email associated with your account on here? Or do you have to create a new account?

The queue in Poweramp is commonly misunderstood, possibly because some music players use their 'queue' feature as the primary way to listen to music, which is not the case in Poweramp. There is a FAQ on the subject which might help:

Broadly though, PA's Queue is a way to temporarily interrupt the current Album/Folder/Playlist/etc session in order to hear to a specific track (or tracks). This is done without losing your place in your regular playback Category, and as soon as any enqueued songs have been played, Poweramp will resume regular playback wherever you left off.

By default, queued songs won't start playing until the song that you are currently listening to has finished, but that behaviour can be changed with Settings > Library > Queue > Start Playing Queue Immediately or Start Playing Queue After the Current Category (starts after the current folder/album/etc). PA will continue to move through (and/or return to) the Queue until all of the enqueued songs have been played, or until you clear it (Queue > (menu) > Clear Queue).

'Play Next' is a fairly new option, and its currently functionality is to tell PA that you'd like to hear a particular song next, which it accomplishes by inserting the requested item as the next-to-play item in the Queue. This does not change the current playback Category though, it merely enqueues the new song just like any other queued item, but at the front of the Queue rather than at the end.

While you are listening to enqueued songs, tapping the album art area in the player screen will let you view the Queue screen where you can change the currently playing song within the queue, move songs up or down, re-sort or remove them, or clear the whole queue if you don't want to listen to it any more.

On your last point, please DM me with the new email address that you'd like to use (also confirm old one) and I can change it for you.

Andre

Archived