Poweramp intermittently won't read music folders on Samsung Android tablet

jwagnerfamily

Hi,

Issues with Poweramp accessing a micro sd card installed in my Samsung Android tablet. A Western Digital sd card works but a Samsung sd card doesn't. The samsung card works with other music players. I can't find any setting in Poweramp for managing storage devices or sd cards in particular. Also Poweramp won't access files copied to the internal built-in memory but will on the Western Digital sd card. Any ideas?

You don't mention what tablet of Android version, but as a first step I would suggest cleanly re-formatting the SD Card and copying your music back onto the fresh card. There could be a permissions issue, but that would seem unlikely if one card type works and another does not. Check that the new folder path is enabled in PA Settings > Library > Music Folders .

Andre

I've got a similar issue, on a new Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G phone, using Android 11 OS.

I have loaded the Poweramp and Full Version Unlocker apps. 

Poweramp can't access files on my external storage (MicroSD card). I can't add that storage source to the Poweramp library, I get an "Invalid storage" error. 
I've been trying to follow the FAQ troubleshooting, but haven't made any headway.
I've loaded the "Files by Google" app to the phone.
I cannot locate the file: (com.google.android.documentsui). 
I can't locate the setting "File Access Legacy Mode", in order to ensure that it's turned Off.
I have verified that Poweramp has permission to access all files on the MicroSD card. 

Not sure what to try next...

Version Info ======================

Build: Poweramp build-893-arm64-play full verified cached
Store: Play
Unlocker: build-302
Arch: 64
Skin: ActivityTheme_Black
Device: samsung SM-G781U kona r8q r8qsqx [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]
Installer: com.android.vending (24.0.32-21 [0] [PR] 356387442)
Android: 11 samsung/r8qsqx/r8q:11/RP1A.200720.012/G781USQS1CUAA:user/release-keys en_US

7 hours ago, macker said:

I can't locate the setting "File Access Legacy Mode", in order to ensure that it's turned Off.

PA Settings > Misc > File Access Legacy Mode. Needs to be turned OFF for Android 11, then go to PA Settings > Library > Music Folders to tick the folder which contains your audio files.

There is a Search icon on the Settings screen by the way, it's very handy for finding options when you can't remember which menu they are in.

Andre

Archived