Cannot read music folder

sugarfreak

Hello,

My system: BQ Aquaris X pro with LOS 17.1 Android 10 and Poweramp 883-893, no google services.

Poweramp has been working on this phone for over a year.

I have upgraded to this version by manually downloading it and installing it over the old PA version. At the same time I have updated LOS 17.1.

Initially the latest PA version did not find any songs. So I uninstalled PA and also removed the com.maxmpz.audioplayer folder and reinstalled the latest version.

But it still does not find any songs in the standard directory ("Music").

I select the folder by ticking the respective box but then nothing happens.

I choose "rescan" or "total rescan" but nothing happens. After a few moments it just stopped.

I set the app's permission to access the file system.

I can see that there had been threads on this issue but I don't know what else I can do.

Any help is appreciated. Cheers

The problem is your Android update, it has most likely broken access permissions. You not only have to select the relevant folders in PA's Music Folders list, but you also have to Grant Access to the location too (not just root level). Clear app data might allow that selection more easily as a 'new install'.

You may also find that Settings > Misc > File Access Legacy Mode is enabled, and it might be worth disabling that (or vice versa).

Andre

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Deleting the app data did indeed help. I thought that deleting above mentioned file would be a more thorough wipe but apparently this is not the case.

I am not sure about the Android update though. LOS get updated on a weekly basis and it has never broken Poweramp before.

Archived