Unable to replace album art with local files

GeilerHeinz

After setting up Poweramp on a new tablet by importing my app settings from my previous device I'm unable to replace album art with local files. Replacing album art by files downloaded through Poweramp app works fine. On my previous device replacing album art works as expected. Does anybody have an idea?

Kind regards

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As long as PA has permission to access the storage on your device, just long-press on the song, choose 'Album Art' from the menu, and then if none of the auto-downloaded images appeal you you, choose 'Pick from Gallery'.

Andre

That's it what I've tried several times without success. PA has the permission to access the SD card. By default every song shows already the corresponding in-folder image stored on the SD card. But if I try to replace the album art manually with an image from the same SD card it fails.

Kind regards

I tried to delete a MP3 file from my SD card within PA. That works, so access to the SD card should definitely be granted. Curiously I'm able to replace a songs album art with an image stored local but replacing with an image from my SD card doesn't work.

Kind regards

That's very strange then, it all points to an SD Card access issue, but if PA can delete files from your SD Card then it should be able to read images on the SD Card too.

I just tried it on my own device using the same method as youstarting with a folder containing plain untagged audio files, which had automatically picked up their cover images from a folder.jpg file, I was able to select new album art for any of the those tracks from specific image files on either internal memory or the SD Card.

Andre

Archived