Have a [shuffle all albums] shortcut that won't shuffle their tracklist

null

As title says. Nobody ever expects an album's tracklist to be shuffled by default unless they're listening to Gescom's Minidisc.

What can I do about it? Is there a setting I'm missing? That button is very useful but afterwards I have to disable track shuffle manually and go to the first track manually which really defeats the purpose of having a shortcut for it.

Thank you!

When you say 'Shortcut' do you mean a homescreen shortcut widget, which can only launch a playlist? If you select the shuffle option when you  create such a shortcut, all tracks within the playlist will be shuffled completely randomly.

Andre

That is by current design, yes. Max was talking about adding a long-press option to the Shuffle icon to allow some flexibility in how it works,  but at present it uses Shuffle Songs / Shuffle Categories - meaning an album will be chosen at random and then played shuffled. There is also an option to make it an all-songs-by-that-artist shuffle, but I guess that would be even worse for you. 

Andre

2 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

There is also an option to make it an all-songs-by-that-artist shuffle, but I guess that would be even worse for you.

If I'm honest, I prefer that to shuffling each individual album... But I shuffle all tracks anyway so I don't care.

I just want to shuffle the albums with the tracklist still in order. Not to offend Max but, anyone who cares about the artist's intentions would say shuffling the tracklist of an individual album is sacrilege. So I would think that'd be the expected behaviour, so I've always been puzzled about the existence of such a button.

Am I the only one who thinks that way? It can't be. Oh well. It's not that big of a deal, I just have to change the shuffle switch once I start the shuffle and go track by track to the start of th- actually maybe I do care a little...

If you want to listen to the songs in each album in order, but picking a random new album each time, change the Shuffle mode to 'Shuffle Just Categories'. You'd need to adjust that in the player screen though, as mentioned before, the default by using the icon in the library screen is 'Shuffle Songs / Shuffle Categories' - which is rather what it says on the tin. :) 

Andre

33 minutes ago, null said:

I just wanted the one button to do it for me, since I do it so often.

It is something Max was talking about a while ago, adding some options to the Shuffle and Play header icons. Not sure of a timeline for that though.

Andre

Archived