Swiping to rate a track plays next track

There's a bug in build 876 when rating a track in the now playing screen, the app will :

1. Play next track

2. Fast forward a few minutes in that track

Basically, it's impossible to rate a track without going to the next one

Galaxy Note 9 Android. The issue wasn't there in the previous build.

Happened again when I started listening through wired headphones. I reset the album art page and it was fixed again.

If it happens again, I'll try to look for the specific option that's causing it.

EDIT. Just found out it only happens when I play (shuffle) all tracks in the "Low Rated" category. Doing so in other category, it doesn't happens.

Note the low rated is comprised of 1 star tracks that were rated in other apps, and I use the "Free playlist manager" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flyingdutchman.freenewplaylistmanager) to convert their tags (ratings) to be read by Poweramp.

If the dev is willing, I can send him a few of those tracks.

I'll see what I can find, but as I don't use ratings and none of my tracks are rated at all I'll have to create some first. But trying to change a rating while you are playing a list based on that very same rating could well cause issues though (you didn't mention that before).

[Edit: Yes, there is definitely an issue if you are playing back the Low Rated Category (i.e. one star tracks) and then you change the currently playing track to a different star-rating. This would mean PA would presumably find itself playing a track which no longer appears within the current playback category, and that can't be good...] 

Poweramp doesn't read or write ratings data at all by the way, it only adds info to its internal database. Apps like New Playlist Manager update that database directly, PA does not read the ratings itself.

Andre

Archived