Autostart Poweramp playing in Shuffle Mode

Angua

I use Poweramp on my car head unit and mostly just want to play random music from my whole collection.  Is there anyway to have this start automatically when Poweramp is launched?  It's bit of a distraction trying push the correct icons when driving.

Thanks

Poweramp won't change Shuffle/etc modes automatically on startup, but you could make a long Playlist of your whole music collection (very quick to do, just go to the All Songs list, Select All, and Add to Playlist) and launch that from a homescreen shortcut widget set to Shuffle mode.

Andre

If you always listen that way though, the PA on your head unit should remember the previous playback Category and Shuffle mode (All Songs) anyway, so as long so you don't change it that's how it will come back next time you start the car.

Andre

You may be right and I'll check this out later, although the head unit doesn't stay in standby when I turn off the car as I've set it to power off after 30mins so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help.

Andre....

Just to let you know I have managed to setup Poweramp on my car head unit to do what I want.  Mostly the problem was 'finger trouble' with too many options on the home screen to launch Poweramp and to have other audio sources.  However, the break through came when I changed the Start at Library option to OFF.  Now Poweramp just goes back to where I left it after a power off/on or restart.

Thanks for you help.

Archived