set as default app

pomdave

How do I set Poweramp to be used as the default music player.

Eg. If I open an audio file in Astro or similar explorer it prompts the option "complete this using" and I have stock music player and double twist as options.

How do I get Poweramp intuit list?

I tried reinstalling to phone memory instead of as sd card

The main reason I need this is because my dock application launches music player from this association list

Fyi I am using the latest unlocked 2.0 release version

• 4 weeks later...

There is no such thing as 'Default-ness' of file-types in system-wide Android, as is known and as the developer has stated.

Whatever file handling application, usually (but not limited to) a file-manager is handling any files on Android it's up to that file-handler to assign which application gets opened with what file extension.

How do I set Poweramp to be used as the default music player.

Eg. If I open an audio file in Astro or similar explorer it prompts the option "complete this using" and I have stock music player and double twist as options.

How do I get Poweramp intuit list?

If do recall, ASTRO does have a file-type list screen in its settings/preferences, I think, where you can custom assign file extensions to always open in a particular app, thus avoiding "open with" or "complete this using" prompts.

So I've been having this same problem lately. I *used* to be able to choose "Poweramp" from the picker pick list to play .mp3 files, but with the latest of both Poweramp and Astro File Browser this is NOT possible. I'm not sure which or both caused the issue, since both have changed quite a bit from when this used to work for me.

What's in my pick list is Winamp, PlayerPro, Music2 (google), TuneWiki, and the built in audio player. But NOT Poweramp. Did the intent change that Astro File Browser is using to play mp3's? I did look at the "file extension" setting in Astro and it lists out mime types to use for various extensions. For ".mp3" it lists "audio/mpeg3". But that seems valid. I don't see any other way to change how Astro deals with files, which makes me suspect Poweramp has the issue. Also since all those other players show up in the picker, seems like just Poweramp has the issue as well.

I'm using Astro version 3.0-218-std and Poweramp version 2.0.2-build-458

• 9 months later...

Archived