Precision Seeking with haptic feedback (vibration)

haddy

Hello maxmp and others,

It would be really nice if when seeking with my finger during playback on the seekbar, if I can stop at a precise time (mins/secs) and then there be a short vibration to indicate that it has precisely stuck onto that time and will precisely play from that time.

The current behaviour on all Poweramp versions is upon seeking to a specific time with my finger, the time does lock on on the screen display but then I remove my finger and then the audio jumps to a few seconds before or after the locked on time which is really annoying.

This could be added as a settings option or perhaps no settings options at all and just made a default - either way.

Going through the settings on Poweramp v3 I cannot find anything of this nature and I'm unsure if it exists in other advanced music apps.

• 2 months later...

I think the below topics are either directly or closely related to this topic of mine:

https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/18510-cancel-seek-after-touching-screen/

https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/17398-paused-tracks-drift-over-time/

https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/11832-please-return-to-old-seek-or-give-us-the-legacy-seek-option/

Majority of my library is mp3 files (some 2 hours long) .

I still feel that a straightforward fix for precision seeking is for Poweramp to provide a haptic feedback (short vibrate) of the device just before the finger is lifted from the seek bar. The haptic feedback would mean that the precise minute and second is firmly locked on to play from that point in which you've seeked.

In addition to haptic feedback or perhaps no haptic at all - then perhaps the UI element of the 'running time' could briefly enlarge in an expanding contracting animation to indicate that the precise time has been locked on?

Could this suggestion work?

• 3 weeks later...

I am referring to the slight movement action when I take my finger of the seekbar which leads to the song jumping to a a slight different position

I also request this same haptic 'lock on' control for all the knobs in Poweramp too (knobs 😃 bass, treble, tempo etc)

While I agree that small touch screens and big fingers are a perennial problem when it comes to fine control accuracy, I'm not sure PA is any worse than any other Android app or system interface. Do you have an example of something in Android that works better?

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

While I agree that small touch screens and big fingers are a perennial problem when it comes to fine control accuracy, I'm not sure PA is any worse than any other Android app or system interface. Do you have an example of something in Android that works better?

Andre

Hmm I don't have an example but should be on the look out for one and post it here if I find one.

I just think that this request should be possible along with some use of haptic feedback along with finger holding onto the desired number value (seekbar or knob) and waiting for the haptic feedback to buzz to indicate that it is firmly locked on before releasing your finger from the screen.

• 6 months later...

Archived