Volume equalization

jsterr1

Is there a way to normalize song volume? The volume varies wildly from song to song. Is there some sort of compressor addon where I can select the minimum and maximum volume of the songs? One song will be earsplittingly loud and the next will be barely audible

Poweramp does not feature any live 'on the fly' compressor / normaliser features, however it does support Replay Gain. Assuming your files contain correct Replay Gain tags (and if they don't, programs like foobar2000 can batch add them for you) Poweramp will set the peak level found in each track to the same output level on your device. This doesn't mean that quiet sections are made louder and loud sections are reduced dynamically, the gain adjustment affects the whole of the track. However it does seems as though the overall levels of your music files are a bit variable, which is exactly what RG is designed to overcome. See Settings > Audio > Replay Gain.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Got the same problem, is there any way to normalize songs volume aside from correcting Replay Gain, like an android app or pc program? my xperia z3+ has a build-in normalizer feature (system effects) and i have to activate Poweramp`s Music FX feature but it doesn't work properly since its not completely compatible with all android roms/models.

Screenshot_20200303-210453.png

6 hours ago, Luis Teran said:

Got the same problem, is there any way to normalize songs volume aside from correcting Replay Gain, like an android app or pc program?

Not within PA. You could normalise your music files using a program like foobar2000, which can not only create ReplayGain tags but it can also permanently change the source music file data. I would strongly suggest using something like MP3Gain though for lossy compression files,  as that just adjusts the gain flag within each compressed data packet, rather than uncompressing and recompressing the entire audio (which is generally not a good thing).

Andre

Archived