Headset control issue

_glook

Hello,

So this app is pretty fantastic, but I'm running into one issue and that is really bugging me that I'm hoping someone has run into and resolved (there didn't seem to be a topic on this already, but if there has, my apologies).

Background info: I'm on an LG Ally rooted with the Velocity 1.2 ROM. My headphones are Klipsch S4a.

Normally, the headset controls work just fine, albeit with a slight delay (it takes about a split second for the app to respond to button presses). However, if a song is not playing and the screen is turned off, the button presses don't do anything until the screen is turned back on, at which point all of the button presses happen at once (so if I had pressed the button three times, but spread out in time, the app registers this as a triple click when the screen is turned on). If a song is playing and the screen is turned off, the button responds. However, if the song is paused after the screen is turned off, the button only works for several seconds afterwards. I noticed that during this time, I can hear white noise coming from my headphones. When I no longer hear the white noise, the app stops responding to the buttons until I turn the screen back on. I was wondering if anybody knew how to get the app to respond without having to turn the screen on (which defeats the purpose of having headset controls to begin with).

Things I have tried:

1. Increase the priority of the headset controls in the settings.

2. Tried it with lock screen widget both enabled and disabled.

Could it be an app that is causing this? Do you guys know of some apps that could commonly cause this issue?

Thanks for your time!

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem and it is so annoying! It makes it basically worse than useless for me because if I pause for greater than 5 seconds I am hosed and may end up on some random track if it actually starts playing again. It is especially a problem when listening to audio books.

Like you, I found that if I turn the screen on then playback works as expected, but it does indeed defeat the purpose.

My 2 use case are walking my dogs and stopping to chat or something...then I can turn the screen on I suppose. The other use case is skiing and pausing on a chairlift...total bummer to turn the screen on then.

Arghhh!!

• 3 months later...

any resolution to this? I have two Samsung Infuses and the headset button works on one but not the other... Which of course is mine :( I used to work but either something got installed, or updated and now it's broken. I've tried uninstalling, rebooted, reinstalled, and rebooted (in this order) and it still doesn't work....

This might be because the phone's RAM or Processor is slower than most and so when the screen is off, it tries to conserve power by turning down the processor even slower and so apps like Poweramp that do need a bit of power to work, won't work until the screen is on and the processor is going at full speed again.

I had this issue when I had a single core 800 mhz device. Using a Samsung GSII now, I don't anymore... so that's the only reason I'd think would be causing this.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 to the problem described in OP. This makes the Poweramp control via headset button quite uncomfortable.

I'm on SGS1 and I haven't experienced this issue until i switched to ICS rom. Could it be this reason? And could it be fixed? :) Because even for such a great player like Poweramp I'm definitely not returning to GB ;)

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

+1 to the problem described in OP. This makes the Poweramp control via headset button quite uncomfortable.

I'm on SGS1 and I haven't experienced this issue until i switched to ICS rom. Could it be this reason? And could it be fixed? :) Because even for such a great player like Poweramp I'm definitely not returning to GB ;)

Thanks

Yeah it's most likely your ICS switch that caused this issue. ICS was a structural change for how things get handled on Android so that's why so many issues are occurring.

• 3 months later...

Same issue here on Galaxy S2 ICS 4.0.4. That's not a single core processor but I still can't control playback with the headset after a few seconds once paused. If I pause, I can only play from the headset within 3 seconds otherwise the headset does not respond.

Running the latest build of PA. Stock ROM.

Archived