Most listings empty

My1

For some reason most lists (aside from maybe all titles or recently added) are empty, which kinda sux as it's kinda hard getting to the titles you want, when you pass a few thousand and only have a list. 

Phone:xperia xa2

Android ver: 9

Rom: standard, no root no nothing. 

The only thing that may be of note is that i am on it as a secondary user running off my microsd. 

Screenshot_20200204-085020.png

Screenshot_20200204-084433.png

Screenshot_20200204-085126.png

I would generally suggest not running the app itself on SD Card, it works better in internal memory.

Looks like you need to adjust the ticked folders in Settings > Library > Music Folders, as you've got a lot of notifications and/or game sounds in your music list. If there is some content you want in those same folders, you might want to change the value of Settings > Library > Ignore Short Tracks to maybe 10 or 15 seconds. 

Andre

The app is iirc not on sd but the music is. Sorry for having used confusing wording. 

Also these tracks are part of a soundtrack, so no problem with those. 

Does Poweramp for some reason need write access to the music folders? As extra users for some reason can't get that. 

1 hour ago, My1 said:

Does Poweramp for some reason need write access to the music folders? As extra users for some reason can't get that. 

It shouldn't do, no. Write access is obviously needed to edit tags or delete tracks, but the scanner itself should only need read access.

Andre

most of my tracks are tagged in some way but I honestly dont care about the tags as I usually run by the folder hierarchy but even THAT is empty (as indicated in the screenshot)

and on my earlier phone (Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5, was a while ago), everything worked nicely.

for the rescan apparently for some reason while I am in the menu there seems to be no indication of ever stopping even after the folder/file count doesnt increase anymore, if I leave the menu it basically just shows 0 titles, 0 folders, 4 playlists, which is plain weird.

Worth completely uninstalling and re-installing (or clear app data) as obviously something is amiss with the database scanning process. The scanner should still accept files which are poorly tagged or untagged, you'll just see them as filenames only in the folders list.

Andre

24 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The scanner should still accept files which are poorly tagged or untagged, you'll just see them as filenames only in the folders list

exactly that's how know Poweramp basically since I had it.

but an uninstall didnt help

Archived