Edit tags - No write access to files?

Savage

Hello PA. I have an issue editing tags through files stored strictly on my sd card.

When I try & edit a song, I get a message saying "No write access to files" and to the bottom right there's an option to "Grant Access." When I click this, a quick 3-second message pops up saying "Access granted", but nothing happens?

Now I've dealt with this before during V2 era & I've followed similar instructions without ease. The only difference this time is that it's not allowing me access despite the quick popup. I also unmounted/reattached my sd card & did a full rescan but nothing. 

I have looked endlessly through the forums & couldn't find anyone with this issue as of recent. Any help is appreciated!

Samsung S7 Edge / version 8.0.0 / build 853

It's a bit ROM-dependent, but for the Grant Access screen you need to have navigated to the root of your SD Card before you tap the button to confirm the access, not the location of the specific file you want to work on.

Some more recent versions of Android can have permissions set in the app permissions Android menu too.

Andre

19 hours ago, andrewilley said:

you need to have navigated to the root of your SD Card before you tap the button to confirm the access

Do you know how I can do this? I went to settings>apps>Poweramp>permissions & only see an option to turn on/off storage content. There's no info about my SD card.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, powerampjump said:

I selected root and it is still saying I have "access granted" on a pop up for 3 seconds but it is not changing anything and when I go back to do it again, it again tells me I need to have access granted.  

What ROM? It's different with Android 10 for example.

Andre

Archived