Unusual behaviour when scanning/track skipping

tonyb

Hi - sorry for the vague subject Title but I'm not sure how to describe this one briefly. Here we go with the long description!

I'm listening to an album, and lets say I'm currently on track three at 43s into the track.  But I'm interested in hearing something at the end of track 2, say a song ending or how the music transitions from track two to track three (lets say it's a live album and there's a cool segue between songs)

So I skip back from track 3 to track 2 then scan back a few seconds so I'm listening from 10-20 seconds before the end of track 2. Everything fine so far, however the moment track two ends, instead of starting track three from zero seconds, it skips ahead to the point where I commanded the skip backwards from track 3 - ie 43s in, in this example.

Is this a bug or a feature? If it's a feature, what is it called and how do I turn it off?

Thanks!

Tony

Sounds like you have got Per-Track Restoring enabled.

There are two ways to do this:

There is a global setting, which saves the track position specifically for longer tracks (e.g. audiobooks, podcasts, etc). This can be adjusted - to define what length of track to apply it to - or disabled completely in Settings > Library > Store/Restore Per Track Progress.

You can also enable this as a feature in any specific Library Category, so it affects all songs played back within that category. Go to the songs-level list and tap the three-dots menu icon and select List Options. Then disable List Memory "Per Track Progress". 

Andre

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Sounds like you have got Per-Track Restoring enabled.

There are two ways to do this:

There is a global setting, which saves the track position specifically for longer tracks (e.g. audiobooks, podcasts, etc). This can be adjusted - to define what length of track to apply it to - or disabled completely in Settings > Library > Store/Restore Per Track Progress.

You can also enable this as a feature in any specific Library Category, so it affects all songs played back within that category. Go to the songs-level list and tap the three-dots menu icon and select List Options. Then disable List Memory "Per Track Progress". 

Andre

Thanks Andre! I thought it might be a setting that I'd missed or misunderstood.

I have the global setting you mention enabled, so I'll turn that off and see how I get on. 

Can you clarify about the "songs-level list" though? So my album is now playing, and if I click from the playlist: three dots, List Options, settings cog then I can see a "Store/restore per track progress" option. Is this the one you mean, and is this one only for listening to an album? And, is this setting independent of the same setting for Folders? A Queue? (anything else?)

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, tonyb said:

Can you clarify about the "songs-level list" though? So my album is now playing, and if I click from the playlist: three dots, List Options, settings cog then I can see a "Store/restore per track progress" option. Is this the one you mean, and is this one only for listening to an album?

Correct. Each Library Category (Folders, Albums, Artists, etc) can has its own setting. So you can choose to restore playback positions when listening to Albums for example, but without causing it to happen when listening to Folders.

Andre

Archived