Poweramp does not play music, tries then stops

maccabi lifschitz

1 hour ago, maccabi lifschitz said:

same problem, tapping on the song file it looks as if it start plalying then stops. I also have the purchased app. The files play on VLC for instance.

This is with Powersamp v2, yes? What device and ROM version? Are you music files on SD Card or internal device memory? Did they work previously, or is this a new installation?

Andre

That screenshot is not the legacy Poweramp v2 (which is the area that you posted in, replying to an old 2017 thread), it's the current v3 product. I'll move this discussion to the correct place for you.

In the meantime, please check that your device's storage location (e.g. a folder on your SD Card, you don't say where?) is ticked in the list in Settings > Library > Music Folders, and then go back up one level to Settings > Library and perform a "FULL Rescan" (bottom option in that menu). Again, is this a new install or has it been working for you previously? Have you added or replaced an SD Card?

Andre

You already had v3 installed from your previous screenshot. I repeat the questions I asked before:

Has this ever worked, or is this a new installation or a new device?
Are you storing your music on SD Card or internal memory? (if SD Card, try copying some files to internal)
What device, ROM version, etc? (For example, you are not using a test release of Android 10 are you?)

Does the scanner find your music and make it visible in the Poweramp Library views, or does it not find anything at all?

Do any files play at all? What audio format are you using - MP3? 

If you've upgraded from a previous version settings could be misadjusted, try putting the audio output modes back to default using Settings > Audio > Output > Restore Defaults.

Andre

Archived