Multiple sort criteria

Is it currently possible to sort a list (the "All Songs" list in particular) based on multiple criteria? Specifically,  I want to sort the list first by artist (or album artist) and each artist's tracks by album (alphabetically or by release date) and each album by its tracks (by track number).
If not, I'd like to request this feature.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the quick reply. And yes, I'm aware that I can use the different categories to that end, but it involves switching between different views which can soon become cumbersome with every extra swipe. This is why I'd prefer to have a sorted list of all songs that lets me scrub to an artist using the alphabetized scrollbar.

Ah, so you want a simple list of all songs (with no drill-down groups) but with a multi-layer sorting facility. No, that's not possible at present.

I did put forward a suggestion for a user-customisable category system a while back, which would easily support this, but I'm not sure whether Max has had the time to give it any further thought. It might be quite a bit of work, but we'd end up with an amazingly powerful and flexible system, yet still simple and elegant to use. Does this sound like the sort of thing you are looking for?

Andre

Archived