Shuffle all songs reverts to search list.

Photomat

When I shuffle all songs  everything goes fine until I hit a song with the last search term in it. Then it starts shuffling the previous search term only not all songs.  It's very annoying and I'm wondering if there is a fix

I can't duplicate that. I tried searching for "ABBA" and then started shuffled playback from the Artist results page. I checked that a few ABBA songs played randomly as expected, then switched the Shuffle icon on the player screen to 'All Songs'. That then shuffled all songs as expected, even after it had happened to come across another ABBA song after a while. 

Andre

Is anyone gonna investigate this bug. Keeps happening.  I can press the balc button and find where it started Nd fall back in to the original all song order.  Its clearly a glitch. 

Will go from 123/15000. Then when it hits a search term goes 1/209 etc. And 2/209.  If you reversback out of it. It's like it didn't happen goes back to the 15000 shuffling  mode

I tried with a more common search term ("the") but can't duplicate your results. I searched for "the" and started playing one of the resulting albums unshuffled, which showed as track 1/14 for example. Then I turned Shuffle mode to 'All Songs', and it kept playing random songs 1/5320, 2/5320, 3/5320, etc. It went past song titles and album titles with "the" in the title without changing ordering.

Andre

Nope, still doesn't happen. This is exactly what I did:

• I searched for the word "the" (got a lot of results, not unexpectedly).
  • Tapped on one of the first album names in the results list ("Brothers in Arms" as it happens) then tapped on the Shuffle icon at the top of its songs list to start random playback of that album.
  • The album started playing in random song order, and I let it play a few tracks (1/9, 2/9, 3/9, etc).
  • During playback of track 4/9, I tapped on the Shuffle icon in the player screen a few times to switch to 'Shuffle All Available Songs' mode.
  • The same track continued playing, but now displayed as 1/5322 (i.e. first track from my complete songs list).
  • I let it carry on playing, and the next random tracks were displayed as 2/5322, 3/5322, 4/5322, etc. This continued even after one or more of the song/artist/album titles happened to also contain the word "the".

Andre

Okay. Do a search for any search term, shuffle the searched items.i used 'the' 8n this example.  Then go to all songs and hit shuffle. Let it play.  It wont do it immediately,  but it will do it.   Then you can back out of it by hitting previous track button. It will say leaving queue and go back to the original all songs .

Here is the screen capture as I back out.

Screenshot_20190619-063845_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-063950_Poweramp.jpg

You appear to have some queued songs there. The queue will normally get restarted after each new song until it is completed. If you don't want your queued items any more, please ensure you clear the Queue once you have finished with it (view the Queued songs list, the tap three-dots menu icon and select 'Clear Queue').

I wish you'd mentioned you were using the queue before now, that might have saved some time.

Andre

I am not using queue on purpose, when I do a search and hit shuffle I guess it adds it to a queue but I didn't notice it. 

The fact remains that the queue starts randomly in the middle of shuffle all. 

But this may solve my actual problem, so for that I am thankful. 

1 hour ago, Photomat said:

The fact remains that the queue starts randomly in the middle of shuffle all. 

No, the Queue starts playing automatically, that's it's job. It will stop once it's finished playing all of the queued tracks, or when you manually clear it if you don't want to listen to any more.

Andre

Archived