Is there a way to quickly go to the album of a track that's playing?

Spike

If I search for a track and click the track from the search results, all search results are played. Instead, I'd like to change that list that is played to the album that the track is apart of. Is this possible?

OR

I'd like to know a quick way to go to the album. I know if you click the 3 dots on the player UI, scroll down, and click album, that is one way. But I'm looking for a quicker solution, as I do this multiple times a day. I know clicking the Album Art in a player UI brings me to the previous list, but again this brings me to search results.

I wish we could customize the action for clicking the Album Art.

58 minutes ago, Spike said:

I know if you click the 3 dots on the player UI, scroll down, and click album, that is one way.

Yes, that is the way to view the album that is associated with whatever song is currently playing, regardless of the current playback category.

The category which is used to start playback from Search results depends on whether you selected the track from an Album, or a Folder, or from the longer All Songs list. If you chose it from the Albums search results, then you will already be playing in Album mode and can simply tap on the artwork in the player screen to get to the album view.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

If you chose it from the Albums search results, then you will already be playing in Album mode and can simply tap on the artwork in the player screen to get to the album view.

Yes, but the only way to chose a song from Album search results is to search for the specific Album. Correct?

I was hoping there was a way to search for a Track, then have the Album as the playback category, instead of All Songs.

Sorry, no, if you play just a single song from the All Songs search results, then it will be played in All Songs mode. If you think about it, PA can't really do anything else as there might not even be and album associated with that track (if it's a Single for example) or some users might want to play in Folders, or Artists, etc modes. The only way to do it is to start playing in All Songs and then switch modes once it's playing.

Andre

• 8 months later...
On 5/12/2019 at 12:00 PM, andrewilley said:

Sorry, no, if you play just a single song from the All Songs search results, then it will be played in All Songs mode. If you think about it, PA can't really do anything else as there might not even be and album associated with that track (if it's a Single for example) or some users might want to play in Folders, or Artists, etc modes. The only way to do it is to start playing in All Songs and then switch modes once it's playing.

Andre

On the other hand you've got vacant swipe-up gesture.

Swipe-down brings us to current category. Why not to allow users to go to chosen context (album, artist, folder - set in options) by swiping up?

• 2 weeks later...

Let me propose a third solution: a clickable Artist and Album as I used to have it in Xiaomi player.

Even though Artist and Album links are available through tripple dot menu, it is awkward. On my Samsung S10e phone the modal needs scrolling. Instead of one touch I have to touch-scroll-touch.
This doesn't even require any additional space on the UI, as Album and Artist is already displayed on the cover.

Archived