Doesn't work well offline??

bek

I was impressed with Poweramp, bought the Pro version for my Android head unit. So I'm listening to music in my car, go to setting to play around, and I get a message saying "can't verify license." Now nothing works... I can see the songs but none of them will play. After I get home from my drive and get back on wifi, I have an option to "restore license." I had to run the unlock application again at this point to get my player working again. What a hassle! Looks like I threw away my $4.  Next version, I hope the developer thinks about people who might use this mp3 player OFFLINE.  Horrible licensing scheme.  I can't use this.

Unfortunately, the Google Play experience is built around the assumption that devices are online, and there can be issues with ones that are permanently offline. Please see http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323557-is-internet-connection-required though, which indicates when and how licence validation should take place. Once validated, checking should not be required again (this has been improved in v3 over the process that v2 used by the way).

Andre

Archived