Add in support for srt files.

I would love to see support for srt files. They are lyric files that has time stamps according to the song. So when the artist says the lines the words comes up.

This is the only feature i would like to see as this would make it the perfect app.

Technically .SRT is a captions/subtitles file, used for captioning video material, but you're right that it can also be used for audio-only files too.

.LRC is more commonly used for song lyrics.

Lyrics can also be embedded inside the ID3 tags of audio files (SYLT for synced text, USLT for simple longform text). Poweramp supports this form of lyric, but it cannot display the text dynamically in time with the music. 

Andre

20 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Technically .SRT is a captions/subtitles file, used for captioning video material, but you're right that it can also be used for audio-only files too.

.LRC is more commonly used for song lyrics.

Lyrics can also be embedded inside the ID3 tags of audio files (SYLT for synced text, USLT for simple longform text). Poweramp supports this form of lyric, but it cannot display the text dynamically in time with the music. 

Andre

Thank you for your answer.

Would it be hard to implement it to Poweramp?

I have a ton of these files i made and would like to use them.

• 11 months later...
On 4/19/2019 at 9:04 PM, andrewilley said:

Reading the file format would be easy, displaying synced lyrics without interfering with other layout elements and animations could be a bit more complex though. I can't say for sure, as I'm not the dev, but I really can't see it happening very soon. 

Andre

I would love that option too!!  🥰

Pleeeeaseeee 😅♥️

Archived