ignoring small files

jaja714

So, I have been trying to get custom playlist art to display and I recently found out that playlist art can be controlled by whatever is embedded in the first song.  So, I created super small 1 ms files for each playlist and then embedded the desired album art.

When I transfer the small files and playlists to my phone, I can confirm that the small files are there and that they are the very first song in each playlist.  Unfortunately, Poweramp is not displaying those small songs in the playlist even though they are there and even though they are at the beginning of each wpl file.  When I try to play those small files manually, Poweramp says "Failed to play file!"

I have disabled the whole ignore small files thing (which should NOT apply to playlists b.t.w.) and rescanned but ... nothing.

Are there some other internal limits I'm not aware of?

7 hours ago, jaja714 said:

I have disabled the whole ignore small files thing (which should NOT apply to playlists b.t.w.)

Do these short 'songs' that you are using as artwork placeholders show in the library's All Songs list? The skip short duration files thing is nothing to do with Playlists, it affects how PA's master music scanner behaves. If a file has not been scanned into PA's library, it won't get shown in a playlist either (because as far as PA is concerned, music not in the library database does not exist).

Andre

I fixed it!  I made the songs 1 sec instead of 1ms.  Now, they play.

They did not show up in playlists.  So, I deleted the playlists, refreshed the library, put the playlists back and ... voila ... playlist cover art placeholders working wonderfully after 2nd refresh!

What do you think of my other idea?

I second the motion for {playlistName}.jpg.  Since this is inside the '/playlist' folder, there's little chance of collision.

Further, we could also "invent" directives to override.  In M3U, #EXTIMG could point to the playlist image.  For WPL, <image>xxxxx.jpg</image> could do the same.

Also, just a suggestion, the playlist image should always appear for the playlist selection screen but, when playing songs from that list the play screen should only show the playlist image, when the individual song has no embedded art.

Archived