Modular/Flexibility for Bluetooth controls

Injuneer

Hi everyone & devs,

First post here, long time user and promoter of the paid version...

I am having trouble with the Bluetooth control flexibility. I remember I used to be able to apply much more custom control assignments with a past version (I think but I may be mistaken).

[As a note, when I say 'local', I mean device control that does NOT send info over BT/radio frames.]

The issue is this; more than half of my Bluetooth speakers do not support the more complex control interfacing for scrubbing and track selection. I would like to be able to assign (at the absolute least) track skipping to a multi-press of the general 'Bluetooth button'. A specific exanple, this is an "app-breaking" thing with my little iHome Drop, where I can set the control int to either single short press(fast) or 2/3 presses for pause/play without trouble to pause/play (long press is not possible on this device as it puts the device into local pairing). I have three Bluetooth controls on this specific device; the BB as mentioned, a BT vol up and BT vol down (BT vol, NOT local device vol, works with call volume, shows on phone screen etc), so, for example, I could use a double press for the track change on those channels and it'd work fine.

So I suppose I am asking for something like the old assignability options, or maybe something new instead. 

Before anyone bothers, please don't post about using a third perspective application to manipulate the controls on the phone. I'd really like to avoid kludgey "solutions" here.

Thank you much, in advance! I have always enjoyed Poweramp and I'd like to KEEP enjoying it!

-Alex

Archived