Volume adjustment issue

sharksinspace

Hi all. New here. Did some searching but couldn't find a similar topic; apologies if this has been addressed and I simply missed the appropriate thread/announcement/etc.

Here's my issue: I'm a new PA user; I installed an Eonon brand Android head unit in my car and the stock player is garbage. PA was recommended by a friend so I installed it from the app store and have been quite enjoying it. Starting about a week after installation, however, I began encountering a problem wherein I am unable to adjust playback volume once music has been playing for longer than 45 seconds. I start PA, hit play on a track, and it works fine. Once that first track hits 45 seconds, when I try to adjust volume either up or down, it instead cuts volume to nearly 0 for 1-3 seconds and then comes back at the same volume it was before attempting to adjust. My head unit will reflect the change. For example, if I'm at volume 10 and try to turn the dial up, it will display an increase to 11 or 12 even though what I experience is a quick volume cut then return at level 10. If I do two or three hard resets of the head unit in a row, it sometimes alleviates the issue for the rest of the time I'm using it, other times it comes back again after a song or two. The issue is isolated to PA and does not affect other functions like the radio, etc.

I'm currently on the trial version of the app so I don't know if it's somehow related to that? I'm hesitant to buy the full version, even for only a few dollars, if I'm not confident I'll be able to effortlessly use it going forward. It worked flawlessly for the first week or so, and no settings/apps/etc were changed on the head unit prior to this problem presenting itself.

Any ideas?

Hi Max,

It works fine in any other program I've tried, even during times when I'm having the PA issue. If I minimize the app and go to the radio or stock music player, they work fine. I'm playing music files directly off of an sd card that is in the head unit itself, no additional cable connection or bluetooth. The head unit is an Eonon model 9163k, Android 8.1. I haven't really changed any of the audio/playback settings within PA.

It's intermittence can be exemplified by today...this morning on my drive to work it was giving me problems even after a handful of system reboots, but on my drive home it just worked perfectly the entire time. My trial expiration notification just popped up for the drive home, as well, coincidentally.

Good thought, wilkes. Turning DVC off then back on does seem to fix the problem, so maybe that will have to be my clunky and inconvenient workaround if I can't figure anything else out to permanently solve it. Not willing to leave DVC turned off full-time, as that eliminates the improved sound quality that is such a large reason to use PA in the first place.

• 1 year later...
On 1/16/2019 at 12:59 PM, sharksinspace said:

Good thought, wilkes. Turning DVC off then back on does seem to fix the problem, so maybe that will have to be my clunky and inconvenient workaround if I can't figure anything else out to permanently solve it. Not willing to leave DVC turned off full-time, as that eliminates the improved sound quality that is such a large reason to use PA in the first place.

Yeah if you find a work around please let me know because turning it off and on doesn't work for me. Nothing I do fixing the problem. I have the Samsung 10e if that's important . 

Archived