New update is ugly as hell

Mattie

I just got the new update and is there a way to go back to the old look?

I absolutely hate this bubble look. Reminds me of facebook and it looks cheap. Deffinately does not look like a nice upscale player anymore.

The eq settings now look like some pre teen video game. Ugh...shit is whacked.

Navigation seems a bit clunky as well. 

Thanks for any help if I can switch back or Ill look for another player.

There are lots of configuration options for changing the overall look-and-feel, or you can install a different skin if you prefer (there are already a number available from the Skins subforum, and more will get released now that v3 is the official release). That's the whole point of an app like Poweramp, you can adjust it to how you want it to look.

And if after giving it a chance you still really don't like it in any form, just download the legacy v2 version from the Downloads tab at the top of the page and install that (don't forget to turn Play Store updates off though, or Google will just continue to send you the latest releases).

Andre

Perfect and thank you for all the info. Ill check it out.

I usually do all updates with my programs/apps, after awhile they just dont seem to run as smooth anymore till its updated...thats been my experience. Hopefully the legacy will continue to be supported in the future. Alot of times it apperantely is to much to keep the old systems alive as well as the new. 

I see some extra features in the new update that hopefully will stay even if I go to the legacy v2.

I love power amp but higly dissapointed with the initial look.

Thank you again.

1 hour ago, Mattie said:

I see some extra features in the new update that hopefully will stay even if I go to the legacy v2.

V2 will most likely receive no further development, updates or features beyond build 588. It is purely being left available "as is" for people who have older versions of Android, because the current (v3) product requires a minimum of Android 5.0.

The last beta-test release which used (mostly) the old interface was build 709, which is still available from the Downloads tab. It at least supports high-res audio on some devices for example.

Andre

Archived