No acces to my library after backup

ledorg

Hi there,

I have two Samsg Note's 3. One with original stock rom 5.0, the other one was updated to 6.0.1 MagMa-NX PCE. Both are fully rooted and unlocekd (TWRP, SuperSU).

After moving my backup library using Titanium Backup to the new phone I have info: "Folder can't be found or can't be read" (atachment). Any song from the library can't be played. Only playlist seems to be broken. Looks like paths to the files are changed due to the Android 5 -> 6 upgrade. Just please tell me how and which file should I edit. New Playlis Manager can't find anything. If i put back external SD card to the old phone everything is fine. Don't wan't to lose my ratings, artist covers any my playlist. 

Thanks.

Screenshot_20181129-204333.png

You are right that it's an Android file system issue. Up to Lollipop, a Samsung's external SD Card was referred to by the wildly bizarre name "extSdCard", but from Marshmallow onward Google decided that "KWPZ-4535" or some such daft nonsense would be much more meaningful. :(

Your artwork/etc would be stored on your local device, so a Titanium restore should have recovered it. However it would also have restored the original path and folder names as being based on /storage/extSdCard/, so you need to go into Settings > Library > Music Folders set the new path for your SD Card to be a scannable location. That will allow PA to rescan the library again. However that won't restore any internal (database-based) playlists, ratings, etc as Poweramp will consider all of your music to be a whole new set of files (as they are in different places, they must be different files). You could use New Playlist Manager to export any playlists and ratings from your old device, and then re-import them onto your new device, assuming you haven't already lost the old setup by running your phone without the SD Card in.

Good choice of ROM by the way, I use MagMa-NX (PCE) on my Note 3 too, and while I still hanker after the simpler to operate and generally nicer looking Kit Kat design, MagMa is much better than Lollipop (especially if you run it with Nova Launcher too).

Andre 

• 2 weeks later...

I created backup of my ratings and moved to the new phone to the specyfic folder. Still can't import my ratings using Playlist Manager.

Enyway, here's little OT.

Of course im Nova Launcher user too 😉 

I have SM-9005 (Snapdragon) and SM-N900 (Exynos) . My ROM:

MagMa NX - Release VX PCE XDA. MagMa PyeongChang2018 Edition

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-3/development/rom-magma-nx-rom-t3508672

The ROM is great, but after a few days my phone is becoming very laggy, it's hard to use any application. I've been doin many things to solve this issue. Even reinstalled ROM once again. The reason I like Note 3 and want to keep it is: https://technave.com/gadget/ZeroLemon-10000-mAh-Tri-Cell-Extended-Battery-for-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-with-NFC-3016.html Even had to replace usb port - $5 cost + 3 minutes work by myself and done. :-)

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ledorg said:

The ROM is great, but after a few days my phone is becoming very laggy, it's hard to use any application.

I've been finding it is getting rather laggy lately too, and I've also not tracked down the culprit. Opening or switching apps for example can be rather slow. Doesn't seem to be a RAM issue as there's plenty spare.

Andre

Archived