Improper handling of Opus files and their tags?

Yoshinatsu Ryou

Hello Max, Andre, and everyone else.

So, I switched to Opus as my main format of choice for music a year ago and I'm totally loving it, but there were only a handful of players that could work with it properly.

I've been using GoneMAD for that reason, because it handles them perfectly without having to change the extension to .ogg, no missing tag fields, etc.

I had already purchased Poweramp years ago, and later I saw that it supports Opus as well. I recently installed v3, and while I'm really liking the new interface, the app doesn't seem to play well with Opus. One thing I've noticed is that it probably has some issues with the tags, because when I try to sort the albums by year, it's quite hit or miss, and I'm quite certain they're all fine, because I'm using them with GoneMAD and they're sorted exactly as I want them.

One other thing is that it doesn't show ALL the Opus files on my microSD for some reason, even if I have selected to scan the ONE folder I have them all in, and I'm not using any .nomedia files in them. There are entire subfolders that don't show up in the library.

So as of now, if I want to use Poweramp with Opus properly, I have to use it with the "Folders" view, and not the library... And I'm not really into that.

Is that known, or is that something that only happens to me?
I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 on MIUI 10 (Android 8.1) if that matters.

Thank you very much.

If a file has tags which don't read correctly (for example the length incorrectly shows up as zero seconds) then the scanner won't add that file into the Library. You could try turning off that feature in Settings > Library > Ignore Short Tracks .

If you try playing one of your 'missing' files manually in PA (for example by starting the song from a file explorer app) does it work, and what does the Info/Tags display show?

Andre

• 2 months later...

Me too have problems with tags. Album Arts in OPUS 144kbit/s(((

In car-audio Android 5.1 (Rockchip RK3188) have fails with half (600 opus files) files and their covers from tag. All files tagged by Mp3Tag (Win10). In "Tag info" Art say "Failed: xxxxxx" when "x" always different. I tried reinstall, delete all data folders. Nothing((

The same files on my Android 8.0 Samsung Galaxy S7 (Exynos) haven't problem, all fine.

NO ONE CODEC CAN PLAY WITH SAME QUALITY ON THIS BITRATE(( 

Hello, I have problems with tags in build 808. Album Arts in OPUS 144kbit/s((( In car-audio Android 5.1 (Rockchip RK3188) have fails with half (600 pcs) files and their front covers from tag. All files tagged by Mp3Tag 2.93 (Win10). In "Tag info" Art say "Failed: xxxxxx" when "x" always different (i think file size). I tried reinstall, delete all data folders. Nothing(( In MXPlayer album art shows correct. The same files in Poweramp build 808 on my Android 8.0 Samsung Galaxy S7 (Exynos) haven't problem, all fine. What could be the problem? Thanks

Other people have reported a few issues with some files tagged by Mp3Tag. Could you perhaps try re-tagging one of the problem files with something like TagScanner to see if that makes a difference? (Just remove the artwork, save file, and then re-load and put the artwork back). Or upload a couple of the problem files and I'll have a look?

Andre

On 2/15/2019 at 7:52 PM, andrewilley said:

Other people have reported a few issues with some files tagged by Mp3Tag. Could you perhaps try re-tagging one of the problem files with something like TagScanner to see if that makes a difference? (Just remove the artwork, save file, and then re-load and put the artwork back). Or upload a couple of the problem files and I'll have a look?

Andre

I tryed it. Still same problem 50% new files with arts, 50% without. m4a all files fine. 820-build tested. I think problem in my android 5.1. I have no idea(((

Where files with album arts cache? Not Android/data/_com.max..../ All folders there already empty (only .nomedia), but in Poweramp all cached when listing. I have root.

23 hours ago, pRonEx said:

Where files with album arts cache? Not Android/data/_com.max..../ All folders there already empty (only .nomedia), but in Poweramp all cached when listing. I have root.

Yes, that's the location for the data files ( /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ in the device's main memory, not SD Card). It's worth checking that you haven't installed the PA app onto SD Card, that might cause issues.

Andre

Archived