Sakura90

Every time I enter my password to log in I get a "password incorrect" error. I can reset it and after that it stays logged in, but if I log out I can't get in again. Basically every time I want to log in I have to reset the password. Ideas?

I'm copy-pasting my password from a txt, so there's 0 (zero) chance of it being wrong.

On 9/29/2018 at 2:44 PM, andrewilley said:

I can reset your password for you if you like, and then you can try changing that afterwards? PM me if you want me to go ahead and do that.

Andre

I have the same problem. Can you help me?

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2018 at 4:18 PM, andrewilley said:

Please PM me and I'll reset your account password centrally and see if that helps. You could also try clearing all board cookies.

Andre

I have found out the solution to this problem. You could tell them to log in with nickname(id), not email address.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! I also noticed this. Right after signing up, I signed out, then tried to sign in again, and then I got the

The password you entered is incorrect. Please try again (make sure your caps lock is off).

message. I then used the "Forgot your password?" function, and created a new password.
Then did the same sign out -> try to sign in, and, again got the "password incorrect".
After wondering about this for a while, I thought "Maybe I should try to sign in with the user name, instead of the email address?"
and by doing that, I was happily signed in, with no problem!
So, instead of the sign in pop-up saying "Display Name or Email Address",
it should just say "Display Name"..
CJ239Qa.jpg
..kinda like this. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I decided to search the forums if there is a known issue because I was about to question my sanity :D

I have the same problem, login with the username works fine, but using my email address returns "password incorrect". It ends on @web.de if it helps. I'll just use my username from now on.

Archived