Add net/cloud player (SMB)

Austick

Hi, i use Poweramp and I would like it to include access to an online library (samba type) like jetaudio. There are many users that use our hard drives in the cloud because they take up a lot of space, hopefully they include it.

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, mr_space said:

Browse the files with slickupnp et choose Poweramp as default player... Don't turn PA in an iTunes nightmare guys! :)

Well, I tried the skickupnp but couldn't choose Poweramp (didn't appear on the menu). Any suggestion? 

44 minutes ago, i5rael said:

Well, I tried the skickupnp but couldn't choose Poweramp (didn't appear on the menu). Any suggestion? 

I think it's not the best way to play songs online since you usually have to do it one by one. I do not think that suggesting an option of online player is very freak suggestion since it is the trend. @i5rael for samba reproduction try jetaudio, works 

If phone is rooted it's not required to add special network player/interface to PA.

I'm using EasySSHFS to mount the music folders of my home server locally on my phone. PA sees that remote folders like any other local folders and plays music from server without problems. This works also over internet, but for security reason SSH pubkey access is advised and SSH password access should be disabled. (Never use Samba or NFS via internet!)

PA integrates locally mount folders in its music library (see screenshot).

EasySSHFS is an open source tool available from GitHub or in Google play store.

Screenshot_2018-12-12-08-07-10-020_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Poweramp is a Library based player, not suited to playing random content from sources it can't scan. You could make a virtual directory of your LAN-based NAS and allow PA to scan that into its Library, but as soon as that directory became unavailable for any reason (when you are away from home for example) then the content would be removed from the library until that folder was found again (in effect PA would assume the content has been deleted and then re-added at a later time). 

Andre

That's right - it's a kludge. But the same applies to all remote mounted drives, and even SD-cards.  There must be a stable connection. On the other hand PA might lose music data only if it would do a rescan or try to play music from non-existent unmounted folder or removed SD-card.

At home PA works for me since years and that's all what I want. I tried VLC, but it's slow, instable and can't handle a huge music library. Soumi player is only good for streaming connections and has an terrible user interface. So PA is my favorite player

Archived