V793, thanks for all the work.

Hanz'Oop

After reading all the feedback, mostly negative. I thought I'd add my two cents. I bought Poweramp 5 years ago, and it was by far the best sounding music player I've heads then or since. I didn't expect it to possibly sound any better but lo and behold I find myself blown away with how good it sounds on every commute. 

I was one of the ones who wasn't really dying for all the ui changes, always liked functionality over ui since I mainly have it doing blue tooth or shuffling with headphones on... That said I like most the changes especially for such an early beta release. 

My only requests would be android auto support, and fixing shuffle(which I hear is being worked on). 

Poweramp is worth every penny I spent 5 years ago and then some, after all these years it's still my most used app. Most developers would've abandoned the "legacy" versions by now or gone ad support... I feel guilty about getting a free upgrade after all this time but but it's greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all the thousands of hours of great sounding music while I sit staring at the bumper in front of me, all the hours of music making running tolerable, all the updates that keep making the app better, and for all the time you've invested in making by far the best music player on the app market and always continuing to make it better. 

@Hanz'Oop You are right. The sound engine of Poweramp is the main feature that I continue to use it. With v3, it got even better. I felt that with the improved sound engine, users would be happy with Poweramp because that it the single biggest upgrade to the app. However, all the dissing with the UI sounds really unfair to Max which he has slogged hard for the past 3 months.

Glad to see fellow user appreciate what Max is doing for the community.

I have a similar but different experience. I reviewed all the music players looking for the best one to use with my Jabra elite active 65ts wireless earbuds, people directed me toward Poweramp saying the UI was sub part but it was great otherwise.

I but the bullet and bought Pro, the quality of audio was noticeably great and it became my default to use with the Jabras.

When I learnt of v790 2 months ago I was ecstatic and instantly upgraded to see if the audio could get better... But the audio was noticeably worse. I tried changing the settings both in app and in the phone audio settings to improve it but nothing worked. It was so much worse that it was actively uncomfortable, so much so that I deleted Poweramp, wiped the cache and re-downloaded it as the play store version.

You're saying v793 had better audio. But I'm concerned I'll be let down again if I take the chance.

I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced worse audio with their Bluetooth or wireless earbuds in v793 (as compared to the play store version (588 i think?)) Before i take the chance again in upgrading.

21 hours ago, SympleScience said:

I have a similar but different experience. I reviewed all the music players looking for the best one to use with my Jabra elite active 65ts wireless earbuds, people directed me toward Poweramp saying the UI was sub part but it was great otherwise.

I but the bullet and bought Pro, the quality of audio was noticeably great and it became my default to use with the Jabras.

When I learnt of v790 2 months ago I was ecstatic and instantly upgraded to see if the audio could get better... But the audio was noticeably worse. I tried changing the settings both in app and in the phone audio settings to improve it but nothing worked. It was so much worse that it was actively uncomfortable, so much so that I deleted Poweramp, wiped the cache and re-downloaded it as the play store version.

You're saying v793 had better audio. But I'm concerned I'll be let down again if I take the chance.

I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced worse audio with their Bluetooth or wireless earbuds in v793 (as compared to the play store version (588 i think?)) Before i take the chance again in upgrading.

I do use Bose qc35 with Poweramp. No problem experienced with sound. In fact it got better.

On 8/14/2018 at 8:07 PM, Imperfection said:

@Hanz'Oop You are right. The sound engine of Poweramp is the main feature that I continue to use it. With v3, it got even better. I felt that with the improved sound engine, users would be happy with Poweramp because that it the single biggest upgrade to the app. However, all the dissing with the UI sounds really unfair to Max which he has slogged hard for the past 3 months.

Glad to see fellow user appreciate what Max is doing for the community.

Yep!

Archived