Album Artist =/= Artist

LPW00

So, if u have an album on ur phone that happens to have a song on it, that's not from the album artist or when the album artist is just "various artists", Poweramp thinks that's a reason to sort the album to the artist, that did one song on the album, instead of the album artist. I'll attach screenshots, to show u what I mean. It's obviously a deadmau5 album, but PA decides it isn't. That may look like a aesthetic issue, but it's pretty annoying when u set PA to go to the next list after finishing the one before and u want to listen to all ur songs sorted by album artist that way.

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180713-012823.png

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180713-012840.png

You are using the non feature-complete test version of PA3 (build 790). The library mode that you need (Album Artists) is not yet implemented - only basic Albums, Artists and Folders category views are supported. All the other modes (there are quite a few) will be restored in the next test release, or use build 709 in the meantime which is more fully featured (but does not use the new-style interface).

Andre 

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

You are using the non feature-complete test version of PA3 (build 790). The library mode that you need (Album Artists) is not yet implemented - only basic Albums, Artists and Folders category views are supported. All the other modes (there are quite a few) will be restored in the next test release, or use build 709 in the meantime which is more fully featured (but does not use the new-style interface).

Andre 

I guess u misunderstood. The 709 also says this album is by Getter which it is not.

29 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Use Album Artists view (the artist for the song will always remain as Getter though).

Andre

That I'm aware of, but if u look at the screenshot, it says the whole album is by him. I can't see how this is intended behaviour because it's not the first track, it's not because of alphabetical order, as "d" comes before "g" and it's also not the only track with a different artist. It's just so random.

Edit: it's also not because the song starts with "a", I edited the tag by putting a "X" in first place that didn't change a thing.

Edit2: okay, for whatever reason, it looks for the 2nd track. 

Edit3: No, it doesn't. On Dr. Dre's 2001 it uses the artist from the last track.

19 hours ago, LPW00 said:

That I'm aware of, but if u look at the screenshot, it says the whole album is by him.

By "it says the whole album is by him" do you mean in the drilldown text options, or the artwork that is displayed. It sounds rather like you are talking about the cover art, in which case please see http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323535-how-album-art-for-a-track-is-selected . I assume that the 'Artist' name is chosen in the same way (in normal Albums view it will be taken form the ARTIST tag, not the ALBUM ARTIST one, and the Artist tag in your example above is Getter).

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

By "it says the whole album is by him" do you mean in the drilldown text options, or the artwork that is displayed. It sounds rather like you are talking about the cover art, in which case please see http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323535-how-album-art-for-a-track-is-selected . I assume that the 'Artist' name is chosen in the same way (in normal Albums view it will be taken form the ARTIST tag, not the ALBUM ARTIST one, and the Artist tag in your example above is Getter).

Andre

To be sure we're talking about the same thing, I attach some more photos with red circles... It actually doesn't matter to me why Poweramp chooses a different artist than the album artist, it just makes way more sense to use the album artist and I want Max to at least consider changing it to that. 

However, if someone else with the same problem stumbles across this, a workaround I just found seems to be cutting out a song were the artist is the same as the album artist and then putting it back in the folder. 

246202957_232955.jpg

246926593_66844.jpg

As I said before, you are using a feature-incomplete version, which does not sort or display by Album Artists at all. If you use build 709, the sorting and Album Artist features are all present. It would be more useful to compare and test features in that version, or wait for the next beta release.

Andre

Archived