Tmobile Note 8 on oreo Poweramp Pro V3

Eddiej21

Wont even load, just freezes my phone and sometimes have to restart phone for phone to work again, Im on tmobile note 8 new oreo update and worked fine before oreo update and since ive updated ive had to downgrade my Poweramp pro atleast 2 versions, currently using it now bur i am use to new setup and lost all data had to make new playlists and redo all settings but its downgraded and liked new updated format and settings better 

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled newest v3 from apk from website, it was still old version format so i opened play store and updated a 5mb update i believe was size and opened it, it crashed first time i tried but loaded the 2nd and has been working successfully so far, i am hoping all works fine as i keep using it 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Samsung Galaxy 8 with Oreo, also same issue with the app not working I see were you said to uninstall and download apk my question is do I uninstall both Poweramp and the Poweramp unlocker, and will my purchase carry over by doing it this way. 

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, your purchase should be tied to your Google Play account and you can re-downloaded the unlocker from there. (Assuming you bought it from Google Play anyway; you can also restore website purchased licences too.

Andre

Thanks so much for your help brother, I uninstalled both like you said and reinstalled the unlocker app,I had to install each apk in order and restarted the app each time in between starting the app probably wasn't necessary, but I am so glad to have my Poweramp back ,I promise this is the last message thanks again. 

Kacey

50 minutes ago, Uchiha Madara said:

I have an issue with the notification of the app the buttons play/pause and next/previous songs just dont work from the notifications. They just turn white and dont respond 

Known issue with Oreo 8.1, please see http://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/11033-quick-fix-for-notification-on-android-oreo-81-v130/ for temporary fix.

Andre

Have the same issue. The problem seems to be the alpha build(beta). I would suggest opting out of beta and then install the public(stable) build. This issue is not only for T-Mobile note 8, it is affecting all units running Oreo.

• 4 weeks later...

Yup I have the same issue with PA not opening when I tap the app. It just opens a all black screen. After several attempts to open the app, you might get lucky and the app will open. I am running Oreo 8.0 on the Note 8. Before Oreo app opened fine. I hate these updates because not all apps remain compatible. But you have no choice. These updates are mandatory it seems. I want to opt out of the beta and try the regular PA version. My question is will i lose all of my playlist and settings by doing so?

18 minutes ago, Kenn said:

My question is will i lose all of my playlist and settings by doing so?

I believe so, yes, as Max said there were datebase changes. I think you have to uninstall and then reinstall the previous version. You can export settings and Playlists before you roll-back though (I'm assuming you didn't back up the old version before updating to the beta?)

Andre

Archived