• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
gulshan

Duplicate Songs, Can't locate Path to delete

4 posts in this topic

Hi Powerampers,

It might not be an issue related to Poweramp as I can see duplicates of songs stored in the local storage according to path shown in Poweramp. The file path starts as "/storage/emulated/0/.estrongs/recycle/1497692307822/storage/emulated/0/es_recycle_content/Music/simplemp3/Batman Theme.mp3 where it should be something like /storage/emulated/0/Music/simplemp3/Batman Theme.mp3.

I've root access, however, I'm unable to find the first path to delete the songs(recycle ones). I've used Google Play Music to upload my songs library and I've tried downloading songs from Google Play Music on this device in past. However, now I've cleared device data and system and installed another ROMs(I've root access) without formatting the internal storage. I've tried clearing the Data of Google Play Music as well.

PFB the screenshots :

2mzz0bp.png

f1i25g.png

2eobm2d.png

rvwyl0.png

Please help me delete these duplicate songs, I can try to format the internal storage, though I'd love to avoid that.

Screenshot_20170914-003010.png

Screenshot_20170914-002952.png

Looks like Poweramp is scanning the contents of your deleted/recycle folder. Go into Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders and make sure that ONLY the folders that you want to be scanned are ticked, and then maybe do a Full Rescan for good measure.

Andre

Hi, Andrew.

The only selected folders are "Download" and "Music". No other folders are ticked. The first thing that I do after a fresh install or installing ROM is to restore settings because I can not stand visualizations and the folders have been selected like that since forever.

Screenshot_20170915-194957.png

It still looks like you have deleted items in a recycle bin (possibly a hidden or system file area). There are several apps that can do this, but ES File Explorer is a likely contender. Make sure any music files in those areas are removed from the Recycle Bins and permanently deleted. Then try a full rescan.

Andre