Is there an easy way to edit Poweramp playlists on a pc?

SilverGS

I just installed Poweramp pro on my Andriod tablet and I absolutely love it!

Is there an easier way to edit my playlists - say on my PC rather than on the device itself through Poweramp? Reason why I ask is because I just imported a couple of hundred songs and going through the whole list one by one adding a song to a particular playlist will take forever and will be error prone.

Is there an easier way to edit the playlists - say in a text editor (or otherwise) on my pc? I backed up the music folder to my pc and I see some files that look like the playlists I have created on the device. Now all I need to do is to edit the playlists so that my song collection is organized on my device.

Is this possible?

TIA!

I assume you could just create m3u files on your PC (make sure any relative paths to the music files will be the same as they will on your tablet - you won't be able to use absolute paths). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U for the format details (you don't need the #commands, just a long list of filenames is also fine).

Andre

• 6 months later...

try my app "Playlist Manager" on Google Play. It maintains playlists for android but has a special "export to m3u" feature. Several options are available too such as relative or absolute path, unix or windows format.

If you were to loose your m3u playlist, simply create it again using my app. Apart from this, it has some other nice features and makes the creation of playlists a sinecure.

Archived