Equalizer editing

misha0209

hi,

i do not know how other people edit their equalizer but my phone has low resolution, and i can not be precise in my editing. it would be nice to have an alternative to sliding the bands of the eq, or the knobs for bass an trebble, for finer tuning. say long pressing the frequency under a slider in the eq opens up a menu where i can write the amplification value (in % or db - someting like +1.8db or -32%), and a nice percentage value under the bass and trebble knobs the follows the same principle.

looking forward to the answer!

did not know the +-10% thing. it is good enough!

about the +-6db, will that limit the preamp also? because i convert music for my device using foobar, and when i convert i apply replay gain to the tracks (not in tags i encode using rg info as dsp processing) so all my songs have a replay gain of ~89db. but the max volume i get is not enough to let me hear music while walking on the street with cars around me. so i use preamp to max to get more volume.

on a related note, can you recommend another way to get higher volume without distortion?

another request. could you add somewhere in settings an option that will make the physical volume keys of the device do nothing when the screen is locked? sometimes my volume gets modified while the phone is in my pocked, and it is reeeeeely annoying. i know this is how android works but maybe it can be done only while Poweramp is playing?

thanks for you time, and thanks for this grate app!!!

because i convert music for my device using foobar, and when i convert i apply replay gain to the tracks (not in tags i encode using rg info as dsp processing) so all my songs have a replay gain of ~89db. but the max volume i get is not enough to let me hear music while walking on the street with cars around me. so i use preamp to max to get more volume.

on a related note, can you recommend another way to get higher volume without distortion?

If you want more volume you could try using a software compressor/limiter such as Waves L2. CyanogenMod has a compressor built-in.

• 1 month later...
because i convert music for my device using foobar, and when i convert i apply replay gain to the tracks (not in tags i encode using rg info as dsp processing) so all my songs have a replay gain of ~89db. but the max volume i get is not enough to let me hear music while walking on the street with cars around me. so i use preamp to max to get more volume.

If you want more volume you could try using a software compressor/limiter such as Waves L2. CyanogenMod has a compressor built-in.

did not consider using compressor on encode thanks for the ideea.

CyanogenMod looks cool, too bad my device is not on the supported list :(

Archived