Queue should not honor the List Item Click Action setting.

Currently the Queue screen is behaving just like any list screen in terms of its response to the click (or tap) action: it applies whatever I have set as the List Item Click Action. But what I have there is "Enqueue and stay in the list", so if I click a song in the Queue it will just be re-enqueued and possibly moved right after current or set as last or whatever. This is ridiculous, the Queue should not take into account the List Item Click Action setting; it should either have its own setting in its own Settings submenu or it should just always apply "Play and stay in the queue" when I click a song (and then it should keep moving down from that song as normal, so the click should act like a simple queue position jump).

If you have that particular mode enabled, then to play a new song from the within the queue view you'd need to Long-Press and select 'Play' from the resulting menu.

Exactly, and I hate it. It's way too much interaction just to access such a basic and obvious function as "play this song" on a screen where "enqueue this song" is a completely redundant and useless action.

I tend to agree, but to be fair that IS the option which you have selected, and Poweramp is only doing what you asked it to. When you're ready for it to start playing rather than adding to queue, you'll need use the method I described above.

Andre

that IS the option which you have selected

No it's not, not for the Queue where it makes no sense. The Queue is not a static list like everything else in the Library, it shouldn't be treated like all the static lists, this was also made clear in other threads where people asked for that and they were denied precisely on the notion that the Queue is a different kind of animal than other lists. In fact I'd say it's so different that it shouldn't even be inside the Library section but outside and parallel to it like the Folders section is now (which is also strange - navigating by folders is just another static way to find things to play, so Folders should be inside the Library together with the other static lists).

Thanks for your suggestions.

And I do agree that Folders mode is really just another form of Library view - personally I'd prefer to have each type of view listed in tab form. So rather than 'Library' having a sub-screen of playback modes, all of those modes would be shown as Tabs along the bottom (or top) of the screen - Folders, Artists, Albums, Playlists, etc.

However at the moment I know Max's development time is all going into a new base engine for Poweramp, and any UI changes won't happen until after that is released and stable.

Andre

Archived