Album art inconsistency

Ottoman

Greetings,

I have several MP3s, which I ripped from CD and tagged automatically or manually using Windows Media Player. Tagging seems to be fine; however, some album arts I have embedded (manually by adding the image through WMP) are not displayed (the minority of these some are: I have checked the image format and all were jpeg). Rather, Poweramp displays a default art one from one song.

I have played my songs in other players, including on Windows mobile, and these are displayed correctly. I do not want to go through this process again.

Is there any solution.

What protocols does Poweramp support.

Thank you for any feedback.

Otto

Hello!

I have read that FAQ, but it did not provide additional clues as to why I am experiencing this issue. The clue of the size does not apply, since WMP crop.

Please advise further where to look for additonal clues; alternatively, may I submit two MP3 files, one which works fine and another that does not work for investigation at your end.

Please confirm...

Many thanks!

Otto

• 2 weeks later...

The files were tested - I sent appropriate email to you on this.

There is no any technical issue with these files and PowerAMP. PowerAMP album art search and download function depends on appropriate album and artist tags in the songs.

These 2 songs you sent to me have different albums thus PowerAMP different images. You can just use long press on PowerAMP album art on "wrong" album art and apply alternative album art to the whole album.

Thanks!

I am sorry but I do not understand your findings: the two files I sent you are of the same artist (true) and different album (true); however, these are tagged with the two different images of the same size and format, yet, one of the image is displayed and on the second one, it is not displayed; worst yet, Poweramp uses another album art which it uses for all MP3 which it cannot display the corresponding art, even when this is embedded.

I overcome the issue by embeeding a larger image; however, doing so through my entire library is tedious!

I cannot understand your latest response, given that in your previous memo, you stated that these files was tested, issue noted, if the fix is possible, it will be in the next updates.

No foolow-up e-mail has been received from you on this matter.

Ok, sorry, yes it's a bit different issue. The one file has incorrect idv2.3 "WOAF" tag (not accepted by taglib used in PowerAMP due to the invalid size of tag). While some other players can be more forgiving for exactly this tag size error, PowerAMP scanner is not. It's still possible to relax tag scanner a bit, though.

I am sorry but I fail to understand your reasoning here; in Android, you must probably use some kind of API for this purpose. From the moment the album art is correctly displayed with other players on Android, this can only be considered as a bug and as such should be investigated and fixed.

I appreciate that you're very busy working on the next release....

I will re-tag my music files given lack of action or previous statement that "it will be in the next updates".

PowerAMP doesn't use "android api" for tag scanning or embed album art reading. I have examples when PowerAMP reads tags/album art and android tag scanner - doesn't. I even have tracks with tags which kills system media scanner completely :)

Archived