Back button goes to library rather than closes app

The Back button does close the app (from the Player screen).

From the songs list it first takes you back to the higher level list, and then to the player screen, and then exits. So like a lot of apps you may need to tap Back a couple of times to get back to your home screen (or just use the Home button, which will close the app screen immediately)

Andre

• 2 months later...

And all this because of Google's stupidity of trying to do away with the intuitive and natural concept of "Exit this app right now, I don't care which of its views I have open when I say this". Thankfully, a lot of app developers are ignoring Google's stupid recommendation and are actually including [Exit] buttons in their apps' one-tap accessible menus. Too bad Maksim is not one of them (yet?).

Back button wil only close the app from the player once you modified the settings the following way:

Settings --> Look and Feel --> General --> Startup Screen --> Player

Thanks.  I made an account to make this feature request and found this thread.  Now that I've changed the Startup Screen to "Library", the back button will bring me back to the library screen instead of exiting the application.  This is more in-line with how the AOSP music player behaved - i'm not sure if that would be a more sensible default?

Thank you so much for posting this information because this was my major complain with Poweramp and I had searched through all the settings but didn't realize that this option was what I was looking for.

Archived