Poweramp resets long audiobook tracks back to zero every time car bluetooth is disconnected!

I listen to audio books mostly in my truck over the Bluetooth stereo. I am in and out a lot throughout the day. The audio tracks are usually hours long. EVERY time I turn off my truck or disconnect from that Bluetooth in ANY WAY even if just for a few minutes, even if I pause the track first, the track ALWAYS STARTS OVER AGAIN AT THE BEGINNING! It is extremely frustrating to constantly have to find the point in the track where I left off every time I step out of the truck for a few minutes. Is there any way to pick up where I left off in these long tracks? I can understand starting at the beginning of a 3 minute song, but this is a huge hassle on longer audio tracks. There should be an option in the settings menu so people can choose how they want Poweramp to act in this case. 

I get this sometimes too, but most times it does correctly remember the position OK (which is what it is meant to do). It can be a bit down to the individual Bluetooth device and the version of Android you are running though.

Does the problem occur for you when you disconnect (e.g. if look at your phone once you've got out of the truck, is it still correctly paused part way through the track, or is it already back at zero by then?) or does it happen at the point when you reconnect again and playback is meant to resume?

I do completely agree that Poweramp sorely needs better support for seeking through longer tracks though. With a 1 or 2 hour audio file it is completely impossible to quickly navigate back to a particular location, as the track navigation bar is far too coarse for the job - just try and get back to 4'30" within a 90 minute track without ending up at zero or ten minutes in!

I suggested a while back that the "swipe over album art" gestures could easily be made user-configurable, so instead of changing track/album (for which there are already perfectly good buttons within the playback control area) they could be used for short and medium length seek operations. e.g. left/right swipe would skip forward/backward by 10 or 15 seconds, and up/down by 1 to 2 minutes - ideally with a few timing options, so you could set the skip distance to a level which works best for you (for example I use +/- 10 seconds and +/- 30 seconds seek values on my PC audio playback software).

Andre

I wonder if the truck stereo is sending a STOP command as it turns off (rather than a pause command)? The way to check would be to turn off your Bluetooth connection on the phone BEFORE you turn off the truck, and see what Poweramp does when the Bluetooth connection is lost.

Andre

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problem, I'm listening mostly to long DJ mixes and evertime I shut down my car (or my Pioneer VSX 924 Bluetooth at home) track stopps. And when I reconnect any device, it starts from the very beginning.

Is there anyway to prevent this? It is really frustrating when you listen to 2 hours + mp3s.

Something I noticed: This problems starts when I switched my phone from Note 3 to Note 4. Now I have a Note Edge and it is still the same problem. On my Galaxy Tab S (T805) is the same problem, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived